Friday, March 26, 2010

Something else....

After months of watching what I eat and doing moderate exercise..I've only lost 2lbs. Ugh. I KNOW I have to work out more. I have an elliptical at my dad's house that I bought way back in 2001. I just have to go pick it up and bring it home. I WORK at a gym, therefore, I don't even have to pay for a full gym membership. They don't have childcare there, so it's hard to go when I have Olivia all day. I could technically work out 7 days a month when Russ is home and I'm working. But, I don't think that will cut the cheese.

Here is a quick run down of my weight loss journey.

Sept 2005 - Started losing weight for my wedding (181lbs)
Feb 2006 - Wedding (weighed in @ 154lbs)
2006-Aug 2007 - Maintained my weight and even lost a few more (145lbs in August)
Sept 07 - Started taking Zoloft for my anxiety disorder
Feb 08- Gained 25lbs from the medication, told doctor I need to get off and try something else (172lbs)
March 08 - Got pregnant (172lbs)
December 08- Delivered (211lbs)
January 09- Lost 27lbs (184lbs) Pregnancy is good for weight loss. LOL
January 10' - Lost 10lbs in a year (174lbs)
Today - 2lbs down from beginning of year (172lbs)

As you can see, the medication really messed up my mojo. Its been really difficult to lose since having Olivia. Anyways, I picked up a box of SlimQuick. Its made for women. I'm going to give it a shot. I don't eat THAT bad. I try to eat a lot of fruits, veggies, and limit my eating out. I just don't understand why I'm not losing ANYTHING anymore. So, I'm giving this a try to help kick my body into losing weight.

Here is me on my wedding day:

Here is a picture of me in July 07'. I was 145lbs, it was my happy weight and I was totally healthy and LOVED my body. I was still a size 10/12, but I looked awesome. :)
This is me now. Even though I'm the same weight I was when I got knocked up, my body shape is different and my pre-preggo clothes still don't fit right.

3 comments:

MamaMonki said...

Keep us posted on how it works. I'm not having much luck either. I've been doing Alli before meals and trying to work out more... but I HATE working out by myself and who has time with a little one. I'm hoping now that spring is approaching I can do more outside with him .

angie said...

I totally know where your coming from I am the same way. I do really good with my weight loss eating working out extra and then bam something happens and I slip with one or the other and ya I have found it hard to lose after having William too. I didn't know you worked at a gym I have know you for how long now.

YOU said...

Don't worry so much....your body will probably never be the same "pre-Olivia". As you get older an have children it just changes. Unless you have money for a personal trainer and personal chef!!! Just watch what you eat (calorie wise) and work out more...you'll get back to a comfortable weight soon
enough..then you'll get pregnant with #2 and start all over again. Oh...and I beg to differ about what I said when I got to your apartment that day...I never said "holy crap!", but I did say you were huge..which you were...ALL BABY..not fat!!!!! :P

Related Posts with Thumbnails