Monday, March 29, 2010

Swim Lessons

Today marked our 2nd swimming class. Every Monday we head over to the nun convent *yeah, they have a pool!* and take a 45 minute swimming class. A friend of mine and her 9 month old daughter are taking it with us.

Last week was a little rough. Olivia hasn't been in a pool since last summer *she was 8 months in August*, so she was a little freaked out. She loved the pool before, but I guess now that she's more aware of her surroundings, she was hesitant to let me go. She had a death grip around my neck the whole class and was semi crying/whining the whole time.
She just wasn't herself and I blamed it on 2 of her molars coming in and she woke up with a cold that morning.

Today went a lot better. She was smiling and having a good time in the water. We practiced going to the wall and holding on. Moving our arms to swim. Kicking our legs. Floating on our back. Then, we had to let them go under. I actually wasn't even scared to let my daughter go and let her sink. She's got to learn some how, and I don't want her to get freaked out if she goes underwater.

I did like the teacher did and counted to 3 out loud and blew in her face and let her go. She went under and I grabbed her a couple seconds later. She didn't cry or anything. I gave her a high five and said I was so proud of her.

She went underwater 8 times today. That's my girl. :)

1 comment:

MamaMonki said...

What a BIG girl! I need to get David back in classes. We haven't been since November.

Related Posts with Thumbnails