Sunday, April 25, 2010

Not Much

I haven't really had much to write about the past couple of days. To be honest, it's been a long week. Olivia has been obviously sick and her molars ARE.STILL.COMING.IN. (I swear, all of them are popped out, but its taking a seriously ridiculous time for them to come all the way out) She's been super clingy, whiny, and just overall a big handful.

Friday evening, my cousin came over to babysit for us to go out to dinner. Which only led to me having a breakdown about our marriage. Most people say the 1st year of marriage is the hardest. I call B.S. on that one. This past year as a new family, as been the hardest by FAR. I'm not going to get into the details, but Russ works shift work. He works 12 hour shifts, so when he's working I don't see him for sometimes 15 hours. I pretty much feel really lonely. My life revolves around his schedule and Olivia's schedule. It's just hard. That's all I'm going to say.

My cousin told me about this online site called The Grocery Game. I checked it out and they offer a 4 week trial, so I'm going to try it out. I'm always looking for ways of saving money. Hopefully I'll be able to keep up with it and clip the coupons I need.

2 comments:

MamaMonki said...

I think you're completely right - the first year of marriage was nothing compared to now. At least you're trying to remember to take time to spend with each other. I think that's what got Steve and I through the year he worked seconds - he knew his days off were mine - as long as I was off. Hope this week gets better and OK starts feeling better.

Joanna said...

Please tell me about your experience with the grocery game! My girlfriend told me about it recently and I've been thinking about doing it. She said she ends up stocking up on things in waves, but she saves TONS of scrap!

Related Posts with Thumbnails