Thursday, January 6, 2011

38 and some Weeks

I've been a terrible blogger.

I can't say that I don't have an excuse though. Being 9 months pregnant and having a 2 year old running around the entire time she's awake is E.X.H.A.U.S.T.I.N.G. Just watching her makes me yawn. Throw in some horrible acid reflux at night, with a huge belly, and pregnancy insomnia. Yeah, totally not sleeping over here. But, the days are numbered and I'll finally be un-pregnant once again soon.

Here's the rundown on what's been going on:

  • Since my last update, I've had another growth ultrasound at 33 weeks. Baby was measuring in the 53rd %tile weighing in around 4lbs 10oz...... also.... breech.
  • My OB had me do a follow up positioning u/s at 36 weeks.....baby is still breech.
  • Baby is still breech today
  • C-section scheduled for 1/13...6 days away.
  • Baby is stubborn.
Yeah, not my ideal birth, but it is what it is. This kid is not moving for anything. In fact, I'm pretty sure baby has been in the same position for quite some time. Poor thing is probably going to come out with it's legs up by his/her ears. *Baby is in frank breech position*

That's what's been going on. Russ has taking next week off and he's off the following week to help me out while I recover. I'm *hoping* recovery won't be insanely bad. I've heard good and bad stories about c-sections. But, let me tell you, I had one hell of a recovery from a vaginal birth with Olivia. I'm looking forward to not feeling like everything between my legs is going to fall out from under me. Terrible. Terrible. Blech. Guess I'll be one of the few to experience both sides. I'll be sure to report back on which I prefer.

Other than that, life has been the same. I'm ready to have my mental status back. Pregnancy hormones are NOT my friends and I can't wait until they vacate my body. I'd love to not snip or snap at everything around me. Really looking forward to being able to bend forward, move from side to side in bed without having to take a 1 minute break between, etc, etc, etc. :)

This will probably be my only post until Baby is born. Look for it coming next week sometime! :)

BTW, here is a current belly picture:


38 Weeks (Tuesday evening)

1 comment:

Jill said...

All three of my kids were c-section. It is not as scarey as it seems. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Related Posts with Thumbnails