Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Adjustments

This week is my first week alone at night. Russ is working night shift (5pm-5am) until Friday morning. After having him home for 2 weeks, it was a rough Tuesday morning. Adjusting to having to wake up with Alex multiple times a night, then waking up in the morning with Olivia isn't hard, its just tiring. It's especially difficult when Olivia wants breakfast and Alex is hungry at the same time. I basically just tell Olivia she has to be patient because the baby can't feed herself and she needs to eat first.

I've been taking a nap when Olivia goes down at noon and Russ wakes up to take care of Alex. Its nice, but it makes me feel like a slug for the rest of the day. It doesn't help that I haven't been out of the house for 2 weeks. I'm SO happy I get to drive tomorrow! I might just have to go across the highway for a Target trip. :D

In baby news, Alex is doing very well. She's just like her big sister was when she was a newborn. Very laid back. She did catch Olivia's cold, so she's got a stuffed up nose and is sneezing. Poor thing. Since we don't go back to the pedi until she's a month, I've been weighing her at home on my scale. She was 6lbs 10oz last Tuesday, last night she was 7lbs even. I'm glad she's finally starting to gain weight back. They told us that sometimes c-section babies drop a lot of weight after birth because they have more fluid in their bodies than babies delivered vaginally. So, when they're born, they get weighed, and then pee a whole lot and lose all that water weight.
I also noticed she's losing some of her hair. I was kind of hoping she wouldn't, I love her wild hair.

As for Olivia, she's doing better in the tantrum department. I'm not quite sure what that was all about, but I'm glad its on the decline. I seriously was ready to pull my hair out. I do have to tell her constantly not to scream or dance/run/jump around the baby because she's SO clumsy... I could see her falling on top of Alex. But, she loves giving her kisses and hugs. So precious.

3 comments:

MamaMonki said...

Hope Olivia continues to be a good big sister. Also hoping that things get easier. As much as we're hoping for another one - I can't imagine having two littles to take care of.

Cupcake Dreamer said...

I can completely relate Amy. I also have felt as though I've been trapped in my house for 3-4 monhs. It doesn't help we are having a harsh winter on top of it all.

Although I didn't want to do it, it has really helped me to have Kailey in daycare during the day so that I can focus on Luke during the day while she is gone. Having two kids is definitely a lot more challenging than just having one. Especially when they both have demands at the same time.

Hang in there. It should get better.. or so I hope. :)

Concerned American Citizen said...

Hi, I'm following from the blog hop. Very cute blog. :) I like the name. Visit me at http://seriousmrse.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails