Monday, February 14, 2011

1 Month

It's been 1 month since Alex was born. I can't say it's been a piece of cake, but it's a lot easier than I thought it would be taking care of 2 children alone. Sure, I'm more tired than normal, but I was way more exhausted while I was pregnant taking care of a toddler. Plus, I can almost always take a 2 hour nap when Olivia goes down, if Miss Alex is nice enough to be sleeping at the same time.

Before Alex was born, I was so afraid I would miss my time alone with Olivia. I even cried a little in those last few weeks. It was no longer going to be just me and my little peanut anymore. While I don't get as much time to spend one on one with her, I can't imagine my life without both of them. I love having 2 daughters. I cannot wait until Alex is older and I can see them both interact with each other.

Alex has her 1 month check up tomorrow morning. I'll edit this post with her stats. I hope she's gaining enough weight. She's eating about 3-4oz every 2-3 hours. She's still only giving me about 4-5 hour stretches of sleep a night. I started Olivia on a bedtime schedule around 6 weeks old. She was sleeping through the night by 2 months old. However, Olivia was also a pound more at birth than Alex. I really do think weight has a lot to do with STTN. Bigger babies seem to sleep longer. It's just very different having such a tiny little girl. Olivia was 11lbs at a month old. 11 POUNDS! I think Alex is probably around 8.5lbs or so. I don't think Alex is going to be the chubby baby that Olivia was.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails