Sunday, February 27, 2011

My Baby.... no longer a baby. :(

This weekend we've been overhauling Olivia's room. I ordered her a new bedroom set off JCPenney's website. It was 50% off to begin with, then I found a 15% off code online and I got the entire set (twin bed, dresser/mirror, and nightstand) for just about $630. I saved over $1000 on it. Score.

Anyways, it was shipped to the store and ready for pick up on Thursday. Russ went and picked up my dad's truck, went to the store, picked up the furniture, then went to Mattress Discounters to get a twin mattress set. Long story short, it was just the 2 of us and I'm very sore from hauling boxes and her nursery furniture down our flight of steps. I probably shouldn't have be doing all that lifting being only 6 weeks postpartum after a c-section, but, we had no other choice.

We finally got everything put together and cleaned up yesterday. Don't ask me about our room, that's a complete disaster area. (Alex sleeps in our room, so Olivia's crib is being moved to there) She loves her new room. She's doing very well sleeping in such a huge bed. I went in to check on her (like I always do) last night before I went to sleep. I remember when she was a baby, looking in on her in her crib and thinking she looked so tiny in such a big area. Now, its the same thing. She looks so tiny in her twin bed. My baby is no longer a baby.

Here are some pictures of her new room. I cannot wait to buy a house so I can paint and decorate like I want. Renting sucks.



3 comments:

Mommy on the go! said...

That is so cute! I didn't know you were so artistic!

MamaMonki said...

Love it!! What does OK think about it all?

Becoming Supermommy said...

Wow... even thinking about giving my girls big-girl beds gives me the blues! It looks great. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails