Friday, April 1, 2011

Busy

Having 2 children sure takes up a lot of time. If Alex isn't eating or being held, she's sleeping. *nice* Olivia on the other hand takes up the rest of my time. Thank GOODNESS they are both going to bed at 8pm now.

I need that time to myself. If I didn't have some peace and quiet at the end of the night, I think I'd go loony.

Speaking of loony, I'm driving myself and the girls down to NC to visit my mum. Alone. I'm actually not completely terrified as I thought I'd be. At least they are both confined to their car seats right? Actually, Olivia is a fantastic traveler. She's very content watching a movie/show, having snacks or napping. She gets a little fussy about an hour before we arrive. She's done the trip 3 times now. First time at 5 months, then 16 months, and then again at 21 months. She's very good at staying with me if we're in a public place or in the parking lot. I'm just a wee bit concerned with how Alex will handle it. As of now, she hates her car seat. She'll tolerate it if she's fed and tired. But, if she's hungry... watch out. Full out scream fest in the back seat. Thankfully, she calms down if we're moving, which doesn't help when you live off a highway that has 800 traffic lights. The trip is 95% highway driving, so I think we'll be good for having the car moving at all times.

I'm wondering how long it will take me. When Russ and I traveled there alone sans babies, it took us just under 7 hours. We stopped 1 time for gas and something to eat. When we had Olivia, it took us about 8 hours because we had to stop to feed/change her. Now, how is this going to work with 2 kids, a baby and a toddler, and just me? Guess we'll find out. I may be half bald by the time I arrive.

1 comment:

MamaMonki said...

Good luck! It may be difficult, but think of the memories you'll be making - for yourself if nothing else.

Related Posts with Thumbnails