Wednesday, April 13, 2011

We're Home!

I "successfully" traveled 862 miles with a 2 year old and a 3 month old alone. I say successfully because the ride back home was a hot mess. Alex screamed (and by screamed, I mean, full out sweaty meltdown) for at least 4 hours of the trip. She would scream and fall asleep for 20 minutes then wake up scream again. Rinse and Repeat. Olivia decided to poop right after we stopped to change diapers. The whole car stunk for miles. By the time the next rest stop came around, both of them were passed out, so I by-passed it and went straight home. But, I'm so proud of myself for doing it alone. Normally, Russ is with me. I've never driven that far alone, let alone with 2 young children.

Here are some cute pictures I caught during our trip:

DSC_5030
Mum and Olivia putting flowers they picked in a vase

DSC_5032
Playing around with some camera settings, I thought this turned out pretty

DSC_5071
My big girl. She turned 28 months while we were down there

DSC_5076
Gramma and her girls

DSC_5078
Enjoying her first warm, sunny day

We had a lot of fun! We didn't even leave the house much. Olivia really enjoyed being outside. It's been so cold in Pittsburgh for so long that a 70* day is like Heaven. Olivia helped her Pap make pizza and we all dyed some Easter eggs.

I'm so glad I decided to go down. It was the perfect time because I'm still on leave until May and my mum is on medical leave, so she was home all day with us.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails