Friday, August 19, 2011

Back to Our Regularly Scheduled Program

I apologize for my last entry. Things have been a bit hairy the past few days and I really needed to get that out. I'm not going to air my dirty laundry for everyone on the internet to read about, but maybe someday I'll be able to talk about it.

Sooooooo... what else is new?

Honestly, not a whole lot. I've been off work with the girls this week. We still have only 1 car, which has now been 2.5 months. I have to say, I don't know how people live with 1 car and a working parent who's at work. I hate being at home all.the.time. There is only so many nature walks you can do before it gets old. :) Hopefully, we'll be able to get our car back soon, or if it's too bad beyond repair, we'll get a new used car for work travel.

We've been in our new place for 3 weeks now. It's still weird sleeping in our room without Alex next to me. As much as I didn't like always waking up to her moving, snoring, crying, etc, I kinda miss her. Things around here are slowly getting done. Russ is on his "hell week" (6-12hour days) so not a whole lot has been getting done. I finished painting the shelves that we're going to put up in the girls rooms. I got some free paint from an internet promo in the spring. I wanted something that was different from the normal "girl" colors, so I picked a turquoise. It's pretty but it looks more like the Tiffany's box color than turquoise. So, once those go up, it's just a matter of organizing all of their stuff......which with 2 girls.... is a lot.

Our room needs to be organized as well. But, that's the last on my list. I'm alright living with boxes labeled "shoes" next to my bed for now.

That's about it. Nothing too exciting going on.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails