Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Say What?

As promised, I turned the tables around and let you ask me questions. Thanks for everyone who asked me something. :)

1. When are you going to get an Alex tat? I hope to get my Alex tattoo by October. It's just a matter of finding the time when I have off work so I don't have to work with a healing tattoo on my wrist.

2. How many tattoos do you have? How many of them match Russ's?

I have 4. My first is a tribal heart on my bicep. 2nd is Chinese script on my leg that means Love and Devotion (I got it in dedication to my relationship with Russ, I will not put his name on my body, so this is what I came up with) 3rd is my Harry Potter tattoo. It's Avada Kadavera across my back. 4th is Olivia and her birth date on my right wrist. Alex will go on my left.
Russ has Love and Devotion on his leg as well but his is in Egyptian hieroglyphics.

3. How do you feel about seeing Halloween decor in the stores in August? Christmas in October? Easter in February?

It honestly doesn't bother me. I'm a big Halloween freak, so it's fun to start seeing all the fun stuff at the end of August. Seeing Christmas stuff is fun too, but I can do without the Christmas music for 2 months.

4. What are three things on your "bucket list"?

1. To go to Hawaii. 2. To get my nose pierced. 3. To take my girls to Disneyworld

5. How many more babies (if any) do you see in your future?

None. This baby maker is close for business. :)

6. Even though you'll only be 29, is there anything you *must* do before 30?

I'd LOVE to go on a vacation sans children before my next birthday. Only time will tell though. If funds and time are available, we're outta here!

7. What was Olivia's initial reaction to a new baby at home? How does she feel now?

Olivia was not at all interested in Alex at the hospital. When we brought her home all she wanted to do is lay next to her. It was definitely an adjustment because she was sort of rough touching her and whatnot. She still gets a little over excited, so we have to remind her that Alex is still only a baby and cannot play like a big girl yet. But, she absolutely loves her little sister. She's always talking, singing, and playing with her.

8. What is the best thing about having two girls? Since you won't be having any more, do you think about having boys? (Or become jealous of cute baby boys, etc.)

I love having girls. I'm so happy that they get to grow up together and hopefully become close as children and adults. I actually always thought I'd have 2 girls. I'm not disappointed that we didn't get a boy.

9. What is one thing you wish you would have done more of before having kids?

I honestly can say that when we decided to start a family, we were both fully satisfied with our lives and where we were at that point. But, who wouldn't love some more sleep. Man, I miss getting good sleep or napping when I feel like it. :)

10. Are you having any more kids? When?

Nope, no more for us. We have permanent birth control. :)

11. Do you ever turn on the TV just for Alex?

I don't think I've ever have actually. She really doesn't watch TV anyways. She actually cried when Yo Gabba Gabba was on once. hahaha

12. When did you get married?

We got married February 18, 2006.

13. How many guys did you date before Russ?

I dated 1 other guy before I met Russ. It was in high school and lasted for about 15 months.

14. What has been your most embarrassing parenting moment?

When Olivia was only a couple days old, we had to venture out in snowy December weather for her weight check at the pedi's office. I figured we'd only be there for a couple minutes at most and the office was only 5 minutes from where we lived. Well, our car battery died from the cold weather and we were stuck at the office. Olivia was screaming because I didn't have a bottle for her or a diaper because she pooped. After that, I learned never to leave home unprepared...even if its only a 5 minute drive.

15. Is Olivia going to preschool this Fall?

Yes. She's enrolled in a 2 year old program called Great Starts. It's 2 days a week for 2 hours a day. She's very excited about it and talks about going to school several times a day. *Probably should have not told her she's going to school until that day*

16. If you had to pick what your girls were going to grow up to be based on their personalities so far what do you think they will be?

Olivia would be a comedian. She's such a little goofball. She's always saying off the wall things. The other day, she said to Russ while eating breakfast... "No pooping in the cereal!" She's silly.
I'm not sure about Alex. Her little personality is coming through every day, but not quite sure yet.

17. Are you right where you thought you'd be in life at this point or has the road taken you elsewhere?

I think I'm where I thought I'd be. I knew I'd want to be married and have 2 kids by the time I was 30... so I'm a year ahead of myself. I am not however where I'd like to be with my career. Being a massage therapist is a hard job and it doesn't make a lot of money. I wish I would have went to college for a degree. I will be going back to school eventually, probably when the girls are in school full time.

18. How did you meet your husband?

I met him at my after school job when I was 17. He was a cashier and so was I. At first I thought he was kind of a jerk because he would stand around talking to people rather than help me bag my grocery order I was ringing up. :/

19.
Why do you prefer being a mummy over a mommy?

I never liked the word "mommy". I like how "mummy" rolls off your tongue. Plus its a lot easier for little ones to say because they say "mum mum" as their first words. Or maybe I'm just an English lady reincarnated. :)

20.
Why did you want to become a massage therapist?

I actually just kind of got into it by chance. I graduated high school and was sitting around one day when I got a call from the school asking if I'd be interested in massage therapy education. I had nothing better to do, so I went down and checked it out. I really liked what I saw, so I enrolled the next day.

21. If you didn't have kids and were single what do you see yourself doing now?

Hmmmm, probably still living at my dad's house. Hahaha

22. Where do you see your family in 10 years?

Wow.. in 10 years I'll be 39. The girls will be 12 and 10. I hope that we'll be in our forever home and be enjoying yearly vacations. I also hope to have a different career.

23. How did you and Russ come up with the girls' names?

They both came from researching online. We'd write down names and compare notes and cross off the ones we didn't like. Olivia was on Russ's list, I looked at it and loved it instantly. Her middle name is a play off of my mother's name.
Alex was a bit more difficult. We could NOT decide this time. It took until a month before she was born to really set it in stone. Alexandria was on my list and Kay is my grandmother's name on my dad's side.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails