Sunday, September 11, 2011

A Word with Mr. Super Daddy

Ok, so I'm supposed to write something about what its like having two little girls. Well it's 9pm, and it's coffee time again already, so let me take a sip and I'll continue.

Ahh, there we go.

I don't remember what it's like to not feel as if 9pm is late. That's one thing they don't tell you before having kids…that your caffeine intake will grow 10 fold. Heres one you always hear, (before the little one squirts out):

"OOOOHHH, get sleep while you can before the baby is born."

WTF?!? Babies sleep like 18 hours a day! They wake to do a twosie, then halfway through a bottle they start nodding off like your narcoleptic grandma drinking coffee and eating cake at a birthday party.

They start to become fun around 7 months old or so. They've started to sit up, and have good motor skills. You can now start to interact with them. It's fun finally being able to throw them in the air and watch their giggling quickly turn into screams as their noggin becomes target practice for ceiling fans. (but that's another story)  Next they're a year old, and they're walking…and falling. All they do at one is fall face first into everything. They're so black and blue everywhere at one all the time. Now they're 2, and you want to throw yourself out of the window. Who ever invented the age of 2 is a total ass!

Really though, I love having girls. I think they're easier. I see boys at 2 and they're so mean. Well not all of them, just some. Olivia will be playing with something and a little boy will come over and hit whatever she's playing with out of her hands just for fun and run away. Leaving Olivia standing there saying 'thats not very nice' to herself. Girls are not as mean….Until they get older.

It's a very pink life I lead. I mean pink everywhere, like what the aftermath of a war between Disney Princess's and gay elf's would look like after cupcake grenades, Hello Kitty bio weapons, and a few glitter nukes. Why am I looking at a doll who's face down with the back of her pants pulled down below her butt? This definitely doesn't look like the Nerf gun, booger covered army men, creepy crawler covered TV, He-Man ripping off Skeletors head kinda house I grew up in.

But i love it. Wouldn't trade my girls or life for anything. There is something special about little girls. Ive told my wife this, I don't know what it is. I may never figure it out. When you see old people at the store, they always make a bigger fuss over little girls, than little boys. I love my little girls. Maybe its a protection thing that makes little girls special to their dads, I don't know. I love watching them grow and learn new things. I can't wait to see them grow up. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails