Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sunday Yummies

After being on Pinterest for an hour last night looking at all the pinned things, I came across a new recipe that looks AWESOME. I figured since Russ is home, I'd be able to go out, get the ingredients, and prepare dinner without having a 2.5 year old screaming at me and a 6 (almost!) month old crying at the same time. *hair pulling worthy I tell you*

I made Enchilada Lasagna. It was fairly easy to prep, it called for skillet cooked chicken, but since we have a grill, I made them that way. After shredding the chicken, it was easy as pie. Here is the recipe:

1lb chicken breast (cooked and cubed/shredded)
1 can cream of chicken (I used c/o mushroom because that's what I had in the cupboard)
1 can cream of celery
1/4 cup diced green chilis
1 1/2 cup sour cream (I used light sour cream)
4 (or more) cups Mexican blend shredded cheese
package of small flour tortillas

Extra:
tomatoes and shredded lettuce if you'd like to top it with something

Cook and shred chicken.

DSC_5841

Mix soups, sour cream, and chilis into a bowl.

DSC_5840

Get a bowl of water to dip the tortillas in to wet. Spoon cream mixture into the bottom of a glass casserole dish. Place wet tortillas in a line (I used 3). Spread cream mixture onto tortillas. Add chicken breast on top. Sprinkle cheese on top of chicken. Repeat layers. Top the entire casserole with a ton of cheese. *hence the 4 or MORE cups of cheese*

DSC_5842

Bake @ 425 degrees for 20 minutes or until bubbling.

DSC_5845

I let it sit for a few to set a little. Slice and serve!

DSC_5846

It was delicious! Next time I will probably make some Spanish rice or refried beans to go along with it. Russ and I love Mexican food, so this was a hit! Definitely a "Make again" recipe.

For dessert, we finally unpacked our family Christmas gift from my in laws. It's a Black & Decker Arctic Twister. You put ice cream and toppings in it and it comes out like soft serve. It was pretty cool and Olivia liked watching it come out. It reminded me of Oreo poo though. :)

DSC_5852

DSC_5853
Oreo Poo

This was also very yummy. Definitely cheaper than going to the ice cream place down the road. Next time, less Oreos... I needed a glass of water with it!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails